Autumn Apple Salad
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup diced, unpeeled apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- measuring cup
- medium saucepan
- stirring spoon
- 9" x 9" square baking dish
Recipe submitted by:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, boil the pineapple and sugar 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon gelatin mix, stirring until dissolved. Stir in the cream cheese. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently fold the apples, nuts, celery and whipped topping into the mixture. Transfer to a 9x9 inch square dish. Refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm.