Anna Banana Bread (that's what the kids call it)
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each of allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Two large bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large spoon for mixing
- Mixer (optional)
- Loaf pan or 9" x 11" baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Mix oil, juice, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla in another bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix in the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour mix into a greased loaf dish or 9"x 11" baking pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Loaf should be golden brown. Test with a toothpick for doneness.