- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced, peeled yams
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup brown rice (or quinoa)
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cups chopped spinach (or kale)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- dash of chili sauce to taste
- cutting board and knife
- measuring cups and spoons
- can opener
- large pot with lid
- bowl for making peanut butter paste
- Sauté onion and garlic in 2 Tbsp vegetable stock until onions are soft.
- Add remaining stock, yams, chickpeas, rice and salt. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes (20 minutes if you are using quinoa).
- In a bowl, blend peanut butter and 1/2 cup liquid from stew to make a paste. Stir into stew with spinach; cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and chili sauce to taste.