INTRODUCTION. This Hands-On Cook-Off Contest (the "Contest") sponsored by British Columbia Dairy Association (“BCDA”) gives Participating Teams (as defined below) the opportunity to create their own recipe demonstration video to compete for a chance to win. “Sponsor” and “BCDA” are interchangeable in these Contest rules and regulations (the “Rules”).
ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open exclusively to residents of British Columbia who can provide proof of residency at the time of entry. At least one member of each Participating Team must have reached the age of nineteen (19) years. One (1) adult member of each team of entrants will be required to enter the Contest on behalf of their team (in accordance with the “How to Enter” section below) and such person will be referred to in these Rules as “Team Captain”. Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, YouTube and each of their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partners) and/or those living in same household of each such person are not eligible to enter the Contest.
TIMING. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on April 16, 2018, and ends at noon Pacific Time on May 16, 2018 (the "Contest Period"). Entries received prior to or after the Contest Period will not be eligible.
TO ENTER: There are two entry categories: a Multigenerational Category and a Youth Category (each, an “Entry Category”).
To enter in the Multigenerational Category: Create an original video ("Video") demonstrating the preparation of a recipe. While the Contest is aimed at encouraging teams involving people of two different generations (e.g. parent and child, grandparent and child, caretaker and child), any group of eligible persons may enter as a team provided that at least one of the persons has reached the age of nineteen (19) years. Viewers must be able to hear and/or see interaction between at least two team members in the Video. Recipe sources must be acknowledged in the entry form and on the Video by indicating whether the recipe is from a cookbook or other third party source and acknowledging such source. Videos must be no longer than three minutes long once uploaded on YouTube; this requirement will be strictly enforced.
To enter in the Youth Category: Create an original video ("Video") demonstrating the preparation of a recipe. Any group of eligible persons (youth aged 18 and under) may enter as a team (e.g. siblings or relatives or friends). Viewers must be able to hear and/or see interaction between at least two youth in the Video. The Video must be submitted on behalf of the team by a Team Captain who has reached the age of nineteen (19) years and complies with these Rules. Note: For the Youth Category entries, only youth aged 18 and under can be active participants in the Video, but the submitting Team Captain must be an adult. Recipe sources must be acknowledged in the entry form and on the Video by indicating whether the recipe is from a cookbook or other third party source and acknowledging such source. Videos must be no longer than three minutes long once uploaded on YouTube; this requirement will be strictly enforced.
An entry may only be entered in one of the above two Entry Categories and will only be eligible for the prizes for that Entry Category (and for the Random Draw prize).
To submit your Contest entry, Team Captains must visit http://bettertogetherbc.ca/contest (the “Contest Website”) and fully complete the online Contest entry form as prompted. Entries in the Youth Category must identify the school or youth program which the Participating Team members would like to donate the prize to should they win. Youth programs must not be politically motivated. Sponsor reserves the right to veto a youth program in its discretion, should a youth program identified on an entry be, in the Sponsor’s determination, inappropriate or inconsistent with the spirit of the Contest or the Sponsor’s objective or values. To submit your entry, upload your Video through the http://bettertogetherbc.ca/contest website following the instructions within the online Contest entry form as indicated.
Entries for Random Draw: Participating Teams who, during the Contest Period, submit their Contest recipe along with a related photograph in the “Submit a Recipe” section of the www.bettertogetherbc.ca website, will receive one (1) entry in the Random Draw.
Contest entry form must be completed in full by Team Captain. All Videos must be submitted in format(s) conforming to YouTube's technical requirements and Terms of Service (http://www.youtube.com/t/terms). By following the above steps (and ensuring that each Video submitted conforms to the requirements as outlined in these Rules) each eligible entry will be entered into the Contest and the submitting team will qualify as a participating team ("Participating Team"). All references in these Rules to representations and obligations of a Participating Team are made by the Team Captain, who represents and warrants that he/she is doing so on behalf of each team member and has the authority to do so.
Each Video submitted in accordance with these Rules is considered one (1) entry. Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, but each entry must contain a unique and original Video and relate to a different recipe.
By participating in the Contest, each Team Captain on behalf of their Participating Team agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor, represents and warrants that he/she has obtained permission from all Video participants (or, for minors, their parent or guardian) to grant all permissions and consents required by these Rules, and further warrants and represents that his/her Participating Team’s Video:
- is original to the Participating Team and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Video and all of its components to enter the Video in the Contest. For example, you must have permission to use any and all photographs and/or footage and/or music contained in your Video;
- does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals (if a Video contains any persons who are under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, then consent must also be obtained from any such person’s parent or legal guardian, whether or not that parent or legal guardian is the Team Captain for that entry);
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a Video must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials;
- URLs or links to any third party websites (excluding bettertogetherbc.ca and excluding any website used to acknowledge the source of a recipe). Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor and/or the contest judges in their sole and exclusive discretion.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify at any time during the Contest any Video that it believes may infringe on the rights of any third parties. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify at any time during the Contest any Video it deems inappropriate, lewd or offensive in any way or which otherwise may not comply in full with these Rules.
In the event of a dispute, all electronic entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry (Submission of an e-mail address, for purposes of this paragraph, means direct submission of Team Captain’s e-mail address). The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
USE OF VIDEOS. By entering the Contest and uploading a Video, each Team Captain on behalf of his/her Participating Team and each member thereof agrees that Sponsor shall have an irrevocable, perpetual, universe-wide, fully paid-up and royalty-free license to copy, excerpt, edit, repurpose and in any manner use all Videos (including, without limitation, by means of digitizing or otherwise encoding all submitted Videos), and to use, re-use, publish, re-publish and otherwise exploit such Videos in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other photographs or images, both during and after the Contest Period, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised and for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, for use in advertising, promotion and trade throughout the universe in its sole discretion without any additional compensation. Participating Teams agree that they will not be compensated for submitting any Video. Only Videos which are submitted in accordance with all applicable rules governing this Contest will be eligible for selection.
SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS.
1. People’s Choice Video – Public voting on all eligible Video submissions will be available at http:// bettertogetherbc.ca/ from approximately April 16, 2018 at 12:01 am Pacific Time to May 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time (the “Voting Period”). Limit one (1) vote per person and per IP address. The one (1) video in each Entry Category which receives the most votes online will be eligible to win the corresponding People’s Choice prize. In the event of a tie in either Entry Category, a random draw will be held amongst those tied to determine the selected entry. The chances of winning a People’s Choice prize depend upon the number and quality of Videos received, and the number and preference of votes cast, in each Entry Category. The potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail or telephone during the week of May 28, 2018. Use of any automated, script, macro or robotic program to vote for Videos may result in the disqualification, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, of the Video to which such votes relate. See RULES RELATING TO VOTING below for additional terms.
2. Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up - All eligible Videos in each Entry Category will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor, according to the judging criteria posted at http:// bettertogetherbc.ca/, based on how well they demonstrate the recipe and how well they express that “cooking together can be fun”, to select one (1) entry for the Grand Prize for each Entry Category and one (1) entry for the Runner-Up prize for each Entry Category. Judging will take place after the Contest Period in or around the week of May 22, 2018. Each potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Team Captain for each potential winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone the week of May 28, 2018. The chances of winning the Grand or Runner-Up prize depend on the number and calibre of Videos entered in each Entry Category and on the decisions of the judges acting in their sole discretion.
3. Random Draw - All eligible Video Entry Teams in both Entry Categories who were not awarded a Grand Prize, Runner-Up or People’s Choice Prize in either Entry Category but who submit their Contest Recipe along with a related photograph in the "Submit a Recipe" section of the www.bettertogetherbc.ca website, will receive one (1) entry in a random draw (the “Random Draw”), to be conducted on or around May 25, 2018 for a chance to win the one (1) Random Draw Prize.
The chances of winning the Random Draw Prize depend on the number of Videos entered (and on the number of Participating Teams which submit their Contest recipe and corresponding photo to the bettertogetherbc.ca site) during the Contest Period. Note: winners of Grand Prize, Runner-Up and People’s Choice prizes will not receive any entries for the Random Draw, regardless of whether they submitted a recipe as set out above.
Grand prize: $1000 cash.
Runner-up prize: $500 cash.
People’s Choice prize: $300 cash.
Grand prize: $500 cash for the winning team plus $500 cash for their school or youth program, to be used in the discretion of school or youth program administrators.
Runner-up prize: $250 cash for the winning team plus $250 cash for their school or youth program, to be used in the discretion of school or youth program administrators.
People’s Choice prize: $150 cash for the winning team plus $150 cash for their school or youth program, to be used in the discretion of school or youth program administrators.
Random Draw prize: $500 cash.
All prizes are subject to the following material conditions and restrictions:
- All expenses and costs not expressly listed above are the winner's sole responsibility.
- All prizes must be accepted as awarded and will be awarded to the Team Captain who will be responsible for sharing the prize with his/her team member(s). Prizes will only be awarded to the person whose name and e-mail address appears on the entry form. Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the contest judges are not responsible for the distribution of a prize between any persons who may have participated in making the Video.
- Before being declared a winner, each eligible team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) will be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) which (i) requires the selected entrant to confirm compliance with these Rules and acceptance of prize as offered; (ii) releases the Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) with respect to injuries, accident, loss or damages relating to the Contest or the awarding of the prize and indemnifies the Released Parties, their advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with the Contest and any prize and/or use of the selected entrant’s Video, including without limitation, any claim that the video infringes a proprietary interest of any third party; and (iii) acknowledges the Sponsor’s and its agents’, subsidiaries’ or affiliates’ right to publish and/or broadcast the team member’s picture, name, address, voice, statements, and Video without further compensation other than the prize offered and the grant to the Sponsor of an irrevocable, perpetual, universe-wide, fully paid-up and royalty-free license to copy, excerpt, edit, repurpose and in any manner use their Video (including, without limitation, by means of digitizing or otherwise encoding such Video), and to use, re-use, publish, re-publish and otherwise exploit such Videos in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other photographs or images, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised and for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, for use in advertising, promotion and trade throughout the universe in its sole discretion without any additional compensation. Release must be signed and returned within seven (7) days of delivery of Release documents to the Team Captain. Non-compliance within specified time period, or the inability of the Sponsor to contact a selected Team Captain after at least one attempt per day by email or telephone over a five (5) day period, may result in disqualification. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable, will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
RULES RELATING TO VOTING (for People’s Choice Prize): Limit one (1) vote per person and per IP address throughout the Contest Period in each Entry Category. If it is discovered that attempts were made by a person to: (i) vote more than one (1) time during the Voting Period; (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, script, macro or robotic program(s) to submit votes; and/or (iii) engage in systematic voting from the same computer/IP address; then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, of the votes, entry and/or entrant to which such votes relate. Any votes determined by Sponsor to be in violation of these Rules are subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. All votes are subject to verification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility from any voter to participate (i.e. vote) in this Contest or for any votes entered, or purportedly entered, by such voter to be considered valid for the purposes of this Contest. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid vote in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). Immediately after the Voting Period, the eligible entrant associated with the entry which received the most votes in each Entry Category during the Voting Period in accordance with these Rules, will be deemed to be the potential winner for the People's Choice Prize, subject to full compliance with these Rules.
CONDITIONS OF WINNING: By participating in this Contest, each Participating Team hereby warrants and represents that the Video entered, created or submitted by such Participating Team shall not infringe the rights of any person or entity, and that such Participating Team has obtained all permissions, licenses and rights required to lawfully participate in this Contest. Each selected team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Video and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Video. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. In this connection, each selected team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees to indemnify Sponsor and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Contest is governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of British Columbia and each Participating Team in the Contest hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of British Columbia for any causes or controversies arising out of the Contest. Each Participating Team waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts.
By accepting a prize, each selected team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) grants to Sponsor and its advertising agencies the right to use and publish the winner's photo, proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state in any media to promote Sponsor and the Contest without additional notice or compensation.
By entering, each team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or receipt or use and/or misuse of any prize, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries.
If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers with the entry process), and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without notice.
Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate, illegible, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, misdirected or unintelligible entries or information, which will be disqualified, or for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, whether caused by the website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest for reasons which are beyond the Sponsor's control. Sponsor does not assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries for reasons which are beyond the Sponsor's control. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Team Captains’ or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPATING TEAM TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.