Kids Take the Kitchen! Spring Break Photo Recipe Contest
When your kids are in charge of making meals, what does your family eat? We suspect the possibilities are endless, which is why we’re challenging families across BC to let your Kids Take the Kitchen this Spring Break, and enter our fun (and highly rewarding) contest!
A contest with an empowering purpose!
Did you know that when kids are given the opportunity to select a recipe, help shop for the ingredients, and prepare a meal themselves (or mostly themselves) it’s a very empowering experience?
In fact, studies show that kids who are invited into the kitchen at a young age, enjoy more long-term positive associations around cooking and eating, and better overall physical health as they grow up.
This contest is our way to remind families across BC to let the Kids Take the Kitchen every once in a while, and in particular, this spring break to participate in our awesome contest!
No need to be super fancy. Just real.
From snacks to weekend brunch to Sunday night dinner, we are seeking tried and true kid-friendly recipes and photos that depict the food and fun you all are having in the kitchen.
Share them with us between March 9th and March 25th, 2012 for a chance to win a family pass to Science World or gift card to Cineplex Odeon ($85 value), your choice.
Here’s the skinny:
- This contest is open to all BC residents
- The contest starts March 9th and runs until March 25, 2012 @ 11:55pm.
- The winner will be chosen by random draw and announced in early April.
- Photos submitted can be of the meal, meal prep, grocery shopping or even the chef(s)!
There are two ways to enter:
- Via Website: Submit recipe here. Bonus: those submitted with photos get an extra entry!
- Via Twitter: Enter the contest by sharing a recipe link or photo depicting your family’s favourite kid-friendly meal
- Must cc @bettertogether to be entered
- Tweet should include hashtag: #kidstakethekitchen
*Photo Credit: Cindy Goodman, North Shore News