This contest is all about bringing together food and fun in the kitchen by having two or more generations, or two or more youth demonstrate how to prepare a recipe. Breakfast, BBQ, pizza, salad, dinner, snacks…recipes in any category are acceptable. Share one of your favourites and show us why your recipe is made better together!
Video entries that meet the 3 minute time limit once uploaded online and adhere to the contest rules will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Participation: 30%
- Food safety: 3%
- Kitchen safety: 3%
- Eating together: 4%
- Enjoyment/fun: 15%
- Inspiration: 15%
- Concept: 10%
- Recipe re-creation: 5%
- Practical considerations: 5%
- At judge's discretion: 10%
For details of what the judges are looking for in each category for these criteria, check the following summary sheets:
For tips on food safety, check the BC online resource Caring about food safety.
For tips on kitchen safety, check the cooking tips on Better Together.
2017 videos will be judged by the following panel of experts:
- Dez Daniels, host from 94.3 The Drive and host of the Great Tastes of Manitoba cooking show
- Drew Mindell, host of The Illegal Hockey Show
- Ezra Ginsburg, host of the Illegal Hockey Show
- Pat Bugera Krawchuk, Registered Dietitian and Manager of Nuton Programs at Dairy Farmers of Manitoba