INTRODUCTION. This Hands-On Cook-Off Instagram Contest (the "Contest") sponsored by British Columbia Dairy Association (“BCDA”) invites participating teams comprised of at least one adult and at least one child (“Participating Teams”) to post a short recipe-demonstration video on Instagram and be entered for a chance to win. “Sponsor” and “BCDA” are interchangeable in these Contest rules and regulations (the “Rules”).
ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open exclusively to residents of British Columbia entering in teams of two, with at least one member of each Participating Team being eighteen (18) years of age or younger and at least one being nineteen (19) years of age or older. An adult member of each Participating Team will be required to enter the Contest on behalf of their team (in accordance with the “How to Enter” section below). Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor and its agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partners) and/or those living in same household of each such person are not eligible to enter the Contest.
TIMING. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on April 18, 2017, and ends at noon Pacific Time on May 18, 2017 (the "Contest Period"). Entries received prior to or after the Contest Period will not be eligible.
- Create a short, maximum one-minute original video ("Video") demonstrating the preparation of a recipe. Viewers must be able to hear and/or see interaction between at least two team members in the Video. Videos must be no longer than one (1) minute long once uploaded on Instagram; this requirement will be strictly enforced; and
- To enter the Contest, follow @bettertogetherbc on Instagram, then share your Video during the Contest Period by posting it on your Instagram account and tagging it with the hashtag #handsoncookoff.
LIMIT one entry per person and per Participating Team and per Instagram account in this Contest, provided that each entry must be in the form of a unique original Video. If multiple copies of the same Video are posted by one or more Participating Teams, only the first one will be eligible for Contest entry.
All videos must:
- Be publicly shared between 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on April 18, 2017, and ends at noon Pacific Time on May 18, 2017, as determined by Sponsor’s server machines;
- Not be deleted during the Contest Period;
- Not contain any image/likeness/voice of any third parties (i.e only the members of the Participating Team, or any of them, may be seen/heard in the Video);
- Comply with the Instagram platform’s terms of service and technical requirements, available at www.instagram.com;
- Include the following hashtag:#handsoncookoff; and
- Be original and in good taste.
By following the above steps (and ensuring that each Video submitted conforms to the requirements as outlined in these Rules), each eligible entry will be entered into the Contest. All references in these Rules to representations and obligations of a Participating Team are made by the adult member of the team, who represents and warrants that he/she is doing so on behalf of each team member and has the authority to do so.
By participating in the Contest, an adult member of each respective Participating Team agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Sponsor, represents and warrants that he/she has obtained permission from all Video participants (or, for minors, their parent or guardian) to grant all permissions and consents required by these Rules, and further warrants and represents that his/her Participating Team’s Video:
- Is original to the Participating Team and that the Participating Team entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Video and all of its components to enter the Video in the Contest. For example, you must have permission to use any and all photographs and/or footage and/or music contained in your Video;
- Does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Does not contain any image/likeness/voice of any third parties;
- Will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- Is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos. For example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in a Video must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials;
- URLs or links to any third party websites (excluding bettertogetherbc.ca and excluding any website used to acknowledge the source of a recipe). Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor and/or the contest judges in their sole and exclusive discretion.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify at any time during the Contest any Video that it believes may infringe on the rights of any third parties and any Video it deems inappropriate, lewd or offensive in any way or which otherwise may not comply in full with these Rules.
In the event of a dispute, all electronic entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to share the Video.
USE OF VIDEOS. By sharing a Video to enter the Contest, the adult member of each Participating Team:
- Grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive license to publish or otherwise use their submitted Video, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason and acknowledges that their Video may be posted or linked to or used in any media by Sponsor in its sole discretion and agrees that Sponsor can use his/her Video for promotional or marketing purposes, without any attribution;
- Releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies, the Contest judges and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Sponsor and/or the Contest judges reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to ask Instagram to remove any Video if a complaint is received with respect to the Video, or for any other reason;
- Consents to Sponsor contacting them in accordance with these Rules and you agrees not to challenge or claim against Sponsor in relation to the Contest.
SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS. A random prize draw will be held on or around May 22, 2017 to select one (1) entry from all eligible entries received. Additional draws may be made if necessary to award the Prize. Any unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
The selected Participating Team will be advised by either a direct message on Instagram or a comment on the Video, or both, within 10 days of the draw date, with a request that they contact Sponsor directly via email at email@example.com. Selected entrant will then be required to send an email reply, within three days, to the address provided in Sponsor’s communication referred to above, to provide their name and full contact information and make arrangements with Sponsor for the selected entrant to take all steps required by these rules before being declared a winner. Failure to respond within three days of notification, or failure to comply with these Rules, will result in disqualification.
The chances of winning depend on the number of Videos shared in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
PRIZE. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of one (1) two hundred fifty dollar ($250 Cdn.) amazon.ca gift card. Gift card is subject to any and all terms and conditions which may be contained thereon. Prize must be accepted as awarded and will be awarded to the adult member of the selected Participating Team who will be responsible for sharing the prize with his/her team member(s). Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the contest judges are not responsible for the distribution of a prize between any persons who may have participated in making the Video.
A selected Participating Team is subject to verification by Sponsor, including proof of identity and eligibility. Before a Participating Team will be declared a winner: (a) the respective adult member of the team must correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, and (b) each eligible team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) will be required to execute and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”) which (i) requires the selected entrant to confirm compliance with these Rules and acceptance of prize as offered; (ii) releases the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) with respect to injuries, accident, loss or damages relating to the Contest or the awarding of the prize and indemnifies the Released Parties, their advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with the Contest and any prize and/or use of the selected entrant’s Video, including without limitation, any claim that the Video infringes a proprietary interest of any third party; and (iii) acknowledges the Sponsor’s and its agents’, subsidiaries’ or affiliates’ right to publish and/or broadcast the team member’s picture, name, address, voice, statements, and Video without further compensation other than the prize offered and the grant to the Sponsor of an irrevocable, perpetual, universe-wide, fully paid-up and royalty-free license to copy, excerpt, edit, repurpose and in any manner use their Video (including, without limitation, by means of digitizing or otherwise encoding such Video), and to use, re-use, publish, re-publish and otherwise exploit such Videos in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other photographs or images, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised and for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, for use in advertising, promotion and trade throughout the universe in its sole discretion without any additional compensation. Release must be signed and returned within seven (7) days of delivery of Release documents. Non-compliance within specified time period, or the inability of the Sponsor to contact a selected Participating Team after at least one attempt per day by email or telephone over a five (5) day period, may result in disqualification. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable, will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All contact will be with the adult member of a Participating Team.
GENERAL CONDITIONS. The Contest is governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of British Columbia and each Participating Team in the Contest hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of British Columbia for any causes or controversies arising out of the Contest. Each Participating Team waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts.
By accepting a prize, each selected team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) grants to Sponsor and its advertising agencies the right to use and publish the winner's photo, proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state in any media to promote Sponsor and the Contest without additional notice or compensation.
By entering, each team member (and his/her parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or receipt or use and/or misuse of any prize, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries.
If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non‑electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers with the entry process), and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without notice.
Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate, illegible, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, misdirected or unintelligible entries or information, which will be disqualified, or for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, whether caused by the website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest for reasons which are beyond the Sponsor's control. Sponsor does not assume responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries for reasons which are beyond the Sponsor's control. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Team Captains’ or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPATING TEAM TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.