Giveaway: What's your holiday breakfast tradition? Tell us and you could win a waffle maker!
It's the toastiest time of the year: share your family holiday breakfast tradition with us in the comments, and you could win a Cuisinart classic round waffle maker!
Mid-winter breakfasts are maybe the cosiest of choices you get to make during the holidays: there’s room at the table for everyone’s tastes, and as mornings stretch out into candlelit afternoons, there’s time to linger together. And holiday meals can be special for so many reasons: it’s a chance to break out your favourite recipes from your childhood, mix traditions with your family and friends, and enjoy cooking and sharing a meal. Plus, with every bite you’re creating new taste memories for your kids that last a lifetime.
Today, we’re sharing some of our favourite holiday breakfasts with you—and at the end of this article, there’s a chance to win your very own Cuisinart Classic Round Waffle Maker—the perfect addition to your holiday family breakfast! The thing that’s so satisfying about a waffle maker is how versatile it is when you have loads of people to feed: sure, it can make you waffles, but you can also use it to make paninis, puffles (think waffles made from puffed pastry and filled with chocolate), frittata (fritaffle) and even falafel (falaffle! OK, we’ll stop).
Here are our favourite holiday breakfast ideas to get you inspired:
- Cinnamon buns (get your kids involved with these tips from The Kids Cook Monday)
- Christmas frittata
- Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- Hanukkah latke brunch
- Honey Almond breakfast yams (you read that right. Yams for breakfast!)
- Slow cooker gingerbread oats
- Sufganyiot (Jelly donuts!)
- Or, you can keep holiday breakfast sweet and simple with an oatmeal buffet or fabulous granola.
- And don’t forget to enter our giveaway below so you can enjoy our Weekend Waffles! (tip: if you prefer savoury to sweet waffles, we love this recipe from our friends at Sweet Potato Chronicles)
To enter our giveaway, simply share your holiday breakfast traditions with us! Leave a comment on this blog post or leave a comment over on our Facebook/Instagram feeds. (You can leave one comment per feed - so a comment on this blog post, Facebook and Instagram equal 3 chances to win!) Once you’ve commented, you’ll be entered in our draw to win a Cuisinart Classic Round Waffle Maker—just in time for the holidays! We'll be drawing one name on Friday, Dec 8. We can’t wait to see what you all are whipping up.
While you wait to see if you’re our lucky winner, check out these posts on how you can share some holiday warmth from your family kitchen: