Better Together Pocket Guide: How to teach your kid to cook!
Want to get your kids in the kitchen, but not sure how? This pocket guide can help you teach kids of any age to cook—plus you'll find lots of ideas to reinforce school subjects like math and science in your very own kitchen. Roll up your sleeves, this pocket guide will make cooking class a breeze!
When schedules get busier, and stress runs higher, cooking together can help! That’s why autumn is the perfect time to teach your kids to cook. Studies show that cooking and eating together can promote well-being. And, when children have the skills to prepare their own school lunch or help with dinner—that helps to build their confidence in other areas too! Even when it’s just for fun, cooking is a tasty way to stay in the swing of school: in fact, we’ve researched over 40 school subjects you can brush up on right in your own kitchen, starting with math and science.
Ready to get cooking? Here’s how to teach kids of any age to cook with you:
- To get started, here's a general guide to how to cook with your kids (without losing your mind!);
- Then try 6 easy ways to introduce your child to cooking;
- Get your kids inspired with these kids cooking around the world;
- Got a toddler? Here are 10 kitchen-tested recipes very young children can make, plus tips for cooking with young children;
- Everything you need to make getting through the school year a snap, including meal recipes and school subjects;
- And here’s how to teach your teen to cook!
Have you got questions about how to cook with your little ones (or bigger ones)? We’d love to help—connect to us on our Facebook page or Instagram feed! And to check out other Pocket Guides in this series, try: