BC Family Day Twitter Giveaway!
BC’s first-ever Family Day is coming up on February 11th and we want to help you celebrate!
Family Day, BC’s newest stat holiday, is a great chance to celebrate family togetherness. If you’re wondering how Family Day came about, according to the CBC it’s already being celebrated in other provinces and BC recently decided we need a break between New Year’s Day and Easter. Makes sense to us!
So, what are you doing to celebrate Family Day? We want to know! Whether your family includes your partner, pet, kids or friends, tell us your plans and you could win a one-year Family Pass to Science World valued at $165. Simply tweet your idea to @bettertogether using the #BTFamilyDay hashtag anytime between January 28th and February 11th at which time we’ll announce our winner!
Here are a few ideas we like:
- Visit a Winter Farmer's Market to try new foods and see what's in season right now.
- Take the fam snowshoeing at a local hill (provincial parks are free) or go skiing, which is half price on Family Day at all of these hills.
- Cook a recipe together. Chose a recipe you’ve always wanted to make and throw a little dinner or lunch party for yourselves.
- Take a short family day trip somewhere close but different. A neighbouring town, perhaps?
- Enjoying a relaxing home day, reading books and maybe doing a little project like painting a room or planting a plant.
- Insert your own idea and tweet it to us, using the hashtag #BCFamilyDay!
Happy BC Family Day everyone!