Announcing our 2016 Hands-on Cook-off Winners!
Say hello to the winners of our 2016 Hands-on Cook-off Contest!
Our seventh annual Hands-on Cook-off contest wrapped up last week with 40 entries from across BC! We loved all of the fun and creative video entries we received this year, and would like to thank all of the families and youth that invited us into their kitchens. Your entries were truly inspiring!
Without further ado, here are this year's contest winners:
First place goes to Lila's Salt Crusted Rainbow Trout
The Runner-up is Holla for Challah
First place goes to Absolutely Delicious Apple Cookies
The Runner up is Eggless Strawberry Shortcake
And this year’s People’s Choice award goes to two winners:
Youth category: Extreme Lava Cakes
Multi-generational category: Chocolaty crepes
Our Random Prize Draw, for $500 cash goes to: Strawberry, Rasperry and Rhubarb Pie: A Family Recipe
Given the many inspiring and creative entries, our panel of judges wanted to acknowledge the following Honourable Mentions:
- InclusionWorks! Breakfast sandwiches
- Emily & Mason's Sausage and Kale Soup
- Easy Peasy Tooty Fruity No-Cream Ice Cream
- Grandma Irene's BEST & EASIEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE EVER
- The Ultimate Mac & Cheese
- Ethan and Renee's AMAZING banana bread
- Basil & Ricotta Balls
- J and E's Banana Cream Cupcakes
Again, thank you to everyone who submitted a video this year and shared your experiences and joy of being in the kitchen with us! We love all of the new recipes you've shared with us. Your videos have a lasting value on the community as they inspire many youth and families across BC to get into the kitchen and start cooking together!
Here are a few highlights of the 2016 Hands-on Cook-off Contest:
- We received 40 amazing entries this year from around the province.
- A big thanks to this year’s panel of judges for your help and support: Jennifer Pallian, Ethan Adeland, Claire Newell, Alexandra Gill, and Denise Marchessault.
- We extended the contest beyond BC for the first time this year. Manitoba held their own Hands-on Cook-off challenge.
- We want to acknowledge the support of the many schools, chefs, community organizations, and media who helped us spread the word about the Hands-on Cook-off this year! We're passionate about encouraging families to cook and eat together and your support has helped us reach more families than ever.