Announcing our 2015 Hands-on Cook-off Winners!
The results are in… (drumroll please!)… Here are our 2015 Hands-on Cook-off Contest winners! Congratulations to each of you!
Announcing our 2015 HOCO Winners!
Our sixth annual Hands-On Cook-Off contest challenge just wrapped up and we couldn't be more excited to officially announce the winners! We are truly amazed by all of the creative entries and young cooks who submitted inspiring home video cooking shows this year! And the winners are! (drumroll please……)
First place goes to Birthday Surprise: Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes
The Runner up is Tom and Ian’s Smoked Salmon and Dill
First place goes to Lila’s Rhubarb Jewel Cake
The Runner-up is It’s Not Science, It’s Ice Cream
And this year’s People’s Choice award goes to two winners:
Youth category: Birthday Surprise: Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes
Multi-generational category: Mamie’s Croque-Monsieur
Our Random Prize Draw, for $500 cash goes to: Eat Your Greens!
Given the many, many amazing entries, our panel of judges wanted to acknowledge the following Honourable Mentions:
- Making Chinese Dumplings
- Sophie’s Vancouver Cookies
- No Fry Melanzane alla Parmigiana
- Ethan and Graeme’s Chicken Wings
- Mamie’s Croque-Monsieur
To all the families and youth who submitted this year, THANK YOU for inviting us into your kitchens! We will cherish each of the videos you’ve submitted, and the many new recipes you’ve shared with us!
Here are a few highlights of the 2015 Hands-on Cook-off Contest:
- We received 41 entries this year from around the province!
- This year, our panel of judges includes our youngest judge to date, Liam Lewis of The Little Locavore; the award-winning Chef David Hawksworth; Global TV’s Melodie Yong; Sarah Bancroft, Editor-in Chief at Vitamin Daily; and Barb Finley of Project Chef. Thank you to all of our judges!
- We had a ton of support from schools, community organizations, and media, including Global TV, who helped spread the word about the contest. A big thanks to all who were involved!