Announcing our 2013 HOCO Winners!
This year marked our fourth (that’s right, fourth!) annual Hands-On Cook-Off challenge to families across BC!
This year's contest saw several exciting new introductions. For the first time this year, we introduced a Youth Category, which received some very enthusiastic video entries (Cooking with Abbey & Lauren comes to mind!). We also partnered with Global TV as a media sponsor this year and we informally partnered with high schools and community organizations across the province, which helped our message to reach many more people in many more communities.
The result? We’ve had our most submissions ever! We are pleased to announce that we received 41 fantastic entries. To all the families and youth who submitted this year, THANK YOU for inviting us into your kitchens! We love your videos and the many new recipes you’ve shared with us.
Without further ado, here are the 2013 Hands-on Cook-off Contest winners…
First place goes to The Tasty Little Net Clam Linguini
The Runner up is Vanilla Tofu Surprise
First place goes to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip Dip
The Runner-up is Lila’s Spot Prawn Pasta
And this year’s People’s Choice award (which received the most votes overall from the general public) goes to Caveman Girls, a Youth category submission
Our Random Prize Draw, goes to Salmon Sandals
We’ll leave you with a few highlights of the 2013 Hands-On Cook-Off Contest:
- 41 video submissions were received from families across BC over a one-month period.
- Children, youth and adults of all ages participated in this contest.
- We received entries from all over BC! This year we received entries from Enderby, Nanaimo, Port Alberni, Revelstoke, Duncan, Sechelt, Coldstream, Castegar, Kamloops, and Nelson, BC.
- We reached out to high schools and community partners across BC, with a special motivation to inspire youth participation.
- Grand and runner up prizes were chosen by a panel of judges including Michael Eckford; Bobs & Lolo; Karen Humphrey, and Barb Kemp
- To view the 2013 submissions check out: www.bettertogetherbc.ca/contest
- This year, prizes included a $1500 gift card to Save-on Foods/Overwaitea, a $750 gift card to the Apple store, and much more!
- A big thanks to our sponsors: Save-on Foods/Overwaitea and Global TV!