5 recipes to celebrate Mother's Day
Our Five Recipes mini-blogs highlight five recipes from the archives on a theme. Looking for a way to make this pandemic Mother’s Day special? These recipes are a delicious and satisfying way to celebrate as a family.
Put a fresh spin on Mother’s Day with these easy and tasty brunch-friendly recipes. And for more ideas for fun ways to celebrate at home, read on!
1. Mamie’s crepes: These crepes are easy for kids who are comfortable handling a flipper to make on their own...and no matter their skill level, everyone can enjoy topping their own crepes with their favourite fillings.
2. Asparagus and strawberry spring salad: A delicious and colourful way to enjoy spring flavours!
3. Breakfast power bowl: Need something with a little more oomph to get your day started right? Try a tasty power bowl for your favourite superwoman.
4. Huevos rancheros: Bright flavours like lime balance out smoky adobo in this satisfying meal.
5. Decadent matcha Mother’s Day baked donuts: Sweet and surprising!
Want more brunch ideas? We’ve got tasty ones here -- and we’ve also got 10 suggestions for Mother’s Day ideas that don’t involve brunch, if that’s more your style! To celebrate all the generations of women in your life, check out our virtual Valentine’s tips for hosting a meal with grandparents over a video call. Then, read about our imaginary dinner for 10 women who changed Canadian History -- and enjoy a wonderful Mother’s Day!
Previously in this series: Five recipes: snacks everyone will love.